Darla DiStefano Photography
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 4

Pages

Welcome

Schedule

Sunday, September 05, 2010

PRETTY IN PINK AND OH SO SWEET!

Every girl should get the chance to turn FIFTEEN with as much style as Evelyn did!  I first met up with the lovely Evelyn at Macy's at the infamous MAC counter...


I missed the makeup going on, and I do love watching makeup being applied!  :-(  The Houston traffic was horrible the entire day, with traffic from one end of I-45 to the other, including the freeway being shut down near Downtown!  But I did grab a few shots of the beautiful color that MAC has to offer!  Just look at all that yumminess!


When I was growing up I heard the phrase, "Pretty is as pretty does," and "Beautiful from the inside out."  My grandmother and mom always said, "you can't be pretty on the outside unless you are pretty on the inside," and Evelyn exemplifies these two statements perfectly.  I don't think I have met a more gracious, elegant and lovely girl!


I wasn't the only person vying for Evelyn's attention...Leo, the videographer, was there to capture her day as well.  He was so great to work with and I just love this shot of him interviewing Evelyn before she set out to get dressed.


Evelyn's Mom and Grandmother were there to make sure everything went as planned and to help her get ready for her big day!


It was time to get dressed!  Who knew you could get such beautiful photos in department store restrooms, LOL!  What a beauty!


I adore the color pink and Evelyn's dress was exquisite!  And to me it just oozed Southerness!  As she walked through the department store all eyes were on her and people wanted to know if we were with MTV!  haha!  It was fun to say the least!  A beautiful shot of Evelyn coming down the elevator to meet her adoring Besties...we thought she was beautiful...


and so did they...


It was time to hit the town for a few photos.  Our transportation provided by...


stepping up and heading out!


We stopped by one of the best graffitti walls in Houston for a couple of shots...


and the park across the street...


Starbucks was our last stop on the agenda.  We had planned on taking some pics here too, but they wouldn't let us.  Boo!  I did manage to grab one quick shot...sneaky, sneaky!


and one more outside before hopping back in the limo!


Evelyn's mom had told me what a beautiful job The Redstone had done but I was totally blown away...one of my favorite color combinations...pink and brown!  Just look how beautiful the tables were...


The centerpieces were made by Evelyn's aunts and they were so pretty.  Everything was edible...how cool is that?!


And the head tables...oh, my goodness!  I just could not stop looking at them!


The cake...


and ice sculpture...pink and brown with a Paris theme intertwined...doesn't get any better than that!


mmmmmm....


Lots of family photo ops this night...with mom and dad...


brother and sister...


how cute are they?!


I wanted to take a picture of this little cutie by herself and I said, "Stand up sweetie and let me take your picture."  She insisted on me taking one while she was in this pose and she was right...it was a great pose, LOL!  What a doll!


Leo wanted an interview with Mom and Dad too, but Mom couldn't find her voice so Dad had to take over.  I can totally relate!  :-)  It's not easy watching our little ones grow up!


Special guests included Evelyn's great-grandmother and she was so excited to be there...



Four generations...awesome!


and presenting Princess Evelyn!



 Well, okay, they didn't actually say Princess...but doesn't she look like one?



And no Princess is complete with out a little bling...


A lovely necklace, earrings and bracelet given to her by her grandparents and other family members...



And a really BIG gift from Uncle Felix and Aunt Rosie...just look how excited her cousins are!


That is because they knew what was inside...a perfect gift for a young girl who loves to read!



Lots of dancing but a special place on the dance card was reserved for Dad...



and Granddad...


Then the party really got started...with a special dance by Evelyn and the dance crew, The Brown Kings!





Everyone had a great time!


Thank you so much for including me in your day!  It was truly a great party!

0 comments: